Yesterday I mounted the Ricoh Theta on my motorcycle’s handlebars and went for a spin with a friend. The Theta software has a built-in Tiny Planets feature that is very fun. Sadly, it only outputs a final product that’s 640 pixels wide, but given that it’s a 2-button solution to create this effect, I’m still impressed!
Comments are closed.
My Foundations of Photography series at Lynda.com is a complete video training series for photography. This series of videos is the equivalent of weeks of in-class training, right in your computer. Follow these links to start watching. (Get a 7-day free trial here.)
• Foundations of Photography: Exposure
Covers all fundamentals of photographic exposure.
• Foundations of Photography: Lenses
Camera position and focal length, depth of field – all issues related to lens choice are detailed here.
• Foundations of Photography: Black and White
Learn the techniques and aesthetics of black and white digital photography.
• Foundations of Photography: Composition
A complete course in photographic composition.
• Foundations of Photography: Night and Low Light
Low light shooting presents its own set of challenges – this course covers them all.
• Foundations of Photography: Specialty Lenses
Super telephoto, ultra-wide, fisheye, filters – learn about all these and more.
• Foundations of Photography: Macro and Close-up
Shoot big pictures of small things in this thorough covering of macro shooting.
• Foundations of Photography: Flash
Everything you need to know about on- and off-camera flash.
Learn the details of every button, knob and readout on your camera in my camera-specific Lynda videos. Follow these links to start watching. (Get a 7-day free trial here.)
• Shooting With the Nikon D7000
• Shooting with the Canon 60D
• Shooting with the Rebel T3i
• Shooting with the Nikon D5100
• Shooting with the Canon 5D Mark III
• Shooting with the Nikon D800