On The Practicing Photographer this week, I talk to fashion photographer Troy Word about his use of Polaroid. Along the way, he brings us up-to-date on where the current state of Polaroid is, how you can easily get into Polaroid gear, how to mix it with digital, and what you can expect to spend along the way. Most importantly, he speaks to how it can change the way your photographic eye works. You can watch it right here.
3 Responses to “Wondering about Polaroid?”
My Foundations of Photography series at Lynda.com is a complete video training series for photography. This series of videos is the equivalent of weeks of in-class training, right in your computer. Follow these links to start watching. (Get a 7-day free trial here.)
• Foundations of Photography: Exposure
Covers all fundamentals of photographic exposure.
• Foundations of Photography: Lenses
Camera position and focal length, depth of field – all issues related to lens choice are detailed here.
• Foundations of Photography: Black and White
Learn the techniques and aesthetics of black and white digital photography.
• Foundations of Photography: Composition
A complete course in photographic composition.
• Foundations of Photography: Night and Low Light
Low light shooting presents its own set of challenges – this course covers them all.
• Foundations of Photography: Specialty Lenses
Super telephoto, ultra-wide, fisheye, filters – learn about all these and more.
• Foundations of Photography: Macro and Close-up
Shoot big pictures of small things in this thorough covering of macro shooting.
• Foundations of Photography: Flash
Everything you need to know about on- and off-camera flash.
Learn the details of every button, knob and readout on your camera in my camera-specific Lynda videos. Follow these links to start watching. (Get a 7-day free trial here.)
• Shooting With the Nikon D7000
• Shooting with the Canon 60D
• Shooting with the Rebel T3i
• Shooting with the Nikon D5100
• Shooting with the Canon 5D Mark III
• Shooting with the Nikon D800